Monday, June 28, 2010

My Family

I grew up in a Charismatic Christian home with my Lil sis, C.
My Family is very musical, my dad the all instrument playing guy, my cousin C singing with a well know group a couple of years ago, my uncle E with his friends on the Shell Road to Fame and recently, my cousin K singing with a very famous Gospel choir in the Country. K now sings with a two off her friends and they are becoming really well know fast. Music was what we did and what we knew. I started at the age of two, but have since only done a few small things.

My dad was the disciplinarian in the family, my mom the humble prayer warrior and my sis, witty but just has submissive as my mom ( although she would not admit it ).
I on the other hand, was the wild hyperactive (diagnosed) and completely out of the box type of person. I know for a fact that I am loud and can really be obnoxious when I have time but I think there is more to me than meets the eye.
I have, since a child, had a passion for people and their emotional needs. I love to give advice and be there for people who have a need. This is what mad me want to study Psychology (unfinished), and since my babies birth, my desire has been to be birth support for women in my community.

I am married to a humble but stubborn man ( God knows what he was doing there) hand we are blessed to have two amazing children. L who knows too many words and strives to be independent in everything in everything that he does and A who smiles all of the time and I just cant seem to get enough of.

My family are not only the people I have a blood relation to though, there are people that I have met in my life that I am simply drawn to for the people that they are and the things they have survived. I will discuss them on occasion and hopefully the inspire other like they have me.

No comments: