Wednesday, October 7, 2015

ADD/ADHD - Whats True?

ADD, we hear so much about it all the time, and probably know someone who's child has recently being diagnosed with it, but do we actually know what it is?


I scrolled through my Facebook Timeline this morning and came across THIS article written by June Silny, an ADHD Coach. When she wrote this article, it went viral, and as she explains on her website, so many people were grateful to her for explaining exactly how they felt, having ADHD themselves.

I read through the Article and Chuckled about a few things that I know I deal with on a Daily Basis. But there were a few things a Disagreed with.

My Sound off on the points in June's Article go like this:

  1. They have an active Mind: Oh FOR SURE, So active is my mind in fact, that sleep is not rest because there is always something bouncing around in there...
  2. They Listen but don't absorb what is being said: See, here I Disagree. I am actually quite the opposite here, I hear you with my heart, and remember what you said...TRUST ME
  3. They have difficulty staying on task: What was I just about to say now.... 
  4. They Become Anxious Easily: Unfortunately, this is a trait I would rather just throw in the bin. Anxiety is an evil that nobody needs, especially when its about ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
  5. They Cant Concentrate When they are Emotional: Well, see, I can... on every last thing I wish to do to you because you were mean and I am going to show you just how bad you made me feel... ZANEX PLEASE!
  6. They Concentrate Too Intensely: Now you confusing me... make up your mind. Which one would you like me to be....???
  7. They Have difficulty stopping Tasks when they are in the Zone: Yup, like this very moment....
  8. They are unable to regulate their emotions: Now here, this little spot here, this rubbed me a little the wrong way. You see, ADD and Bipolar are two different things. Bipolar being a disorder and ADD being AWESOME, so why do they sound so much the same here. We deep thinkers, we think about how we feel, dissect and interpret it, so like "Normal" people, we have to teach ourselves to keep the lid on. I honestly think that I let it rip at about the same rate as every other person... so no Silny, my emotions are totally under control, thanks...
  9. They have Verbal outbursts: And so does every other Colored Person I know.... its a cultural thing... just deal with it...
  10. They Have social Anxiety: Nobody reminded me that I have this, my whole life is an inappropriate outburst!
  11. They are Deeply Intuitive: THANKS!
  12. They think out of the box: I don't have a box...
  13. They are impatient and fidgety: I love my Husband because He stands in the ques in the store while I fiddle with the clothing rails...aaaahhhh.... LOVE
  14. They are Physically Sensitive: And Because Cheese and Avocado Stick to my Palet so much that I could scream, I will remain the PRINCESS who felt that pee.
  15. They are Disorganized: Says who? This is Order, my order...
  16. They need Space to Pace: Its not pacing for me, its background noise. I can think of what time I will be leaving the office, while doing my work and listening to music trough my headphones... I am SUPERHUMAN like that...
  17. They Avoid Tasks: Not because I am an over thinker, but because I Hate talking on the phone and even hate doing a boring mundane tasks for more than 10 minutes at a time.
  18. They Cant remember simple tasks: Like when I walked to the kitchen to get my supper and got distracted by the one child kicking the other, and could not remember why I felt so hungry because I did have my supper... right?
  19. They have many tasks going on at the same time: And that's why I am SUPER HUMAN...
  20. AND FINALLY, they are passionate about everything: Nope, not everything, just all 12 impossible things I am busy doing at this very moment....
Its hard Being ADD, there are days when you just cant get your mind to shut down, but there have been more amazing days than not, for me. How, well, you have to mentally tell yourself not to sweat it, 

Never forget to remind yourself where you put the houses keys, your Phone or your baby and realize that people love us! They really do! 

We are, in Fact, so easy to love because our persona's are so infectious.. partly because we won't shut up about it... but also because we were designed to make people think and also strive to do and learn more all the time... Even if we don't finish it...

Mwah!!

No comments: